…may the mulling begin! Below is a note with a recipe from on of our users.
I am enjoying Drync. By the way I just made a batch of mulled wine this evening. For wine I used a big jug of Carlo Rossi Burgundy for $11, and it actually turned out pretty well. It’s amazing how much these jug wines have improved since I recall them tasting in college . And the nice part is the leftovers can go right back in the jug for keeping in the fridge.
- 4 quarts dry red wine (zinfandel, merlot, burgundy, etc.)
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 12 cloves, whole
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp mace
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Pour the wine into a large pot and begin heating over low heat.
- As it begins to warm, add sugar and spices. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the brandy.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not allow to boil!
- Add the lemon and orange.
- Steep for about 1 hour over low heat.
- You may add more sugar during this time if desired, stirring well so it disolves.
- Serve hot and garnish with orange slices. A stick cinnamon could also be used.